Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'M NOW READY FOR LAW SCHOOL

When I was a little kid, with nothing to worry but what to eat and play, my Mommylola told me, “you will be the next lawyer of the Silvosa clan, you will be like your Daddylolo.” I replied with a great yes and willingness in my heart even if I don't fully understand what she was saying.

YES! That simple “yes” I told my Mommylola was something like a promise that I'm confirming what she have told me. At this very moment, I may have doubts of pursuing law, but the urge of fulfilling that dream is getting stronger and stronger. Becoming a lawyer isn't only my Mommylola's dream, isn't only my mother's dream, isn't only my father's dream, but mine as well.

One night, I was staring blankly, looking up the sky, appreciating every beautiful star. Then something crossed my mind and I just can't let go of the thought, its as if someone is talking to me saying something. Then I was reminded of that particular incident when my Mommylola was still alive. I was dining with her one lunch time, I saw a calendar of uncle, the calendar shows the texts “SILVOSA LAW FIRM.” Then I told Mommylola, “Wow, ang ganda naman ng calendar ni uncle ma” with a smile on her face Mommylola replied, “Oo, sa sunod ikaw na ang merong ganyan.”

Remembering such incident, I found myself crying. How I miss chatting with my Mommylola, my best friend. The feeling was really painful and excruciating that I could not even look up again because I just can't control what I am feeling. The painful part there is that all you have to do is to pour everything by means of crying because there's nothing you could actually do but to cry. But what is good about that certain nostalgic moment, was the thought of becoming a lawyer. I told myself that I should not let go of the promise I once said to my Mommylola and to myself as well. Becoming a lawyer is my dream, my family's dream for me, so why would I turn my back from that dream? I realized that I should pursue law school.

After thinking twice, three times, or let's just say several times, I decided and told myself that I'm accepting the challenge. I'm going to pursue studying law. I told my mother about what I want, Mama was a little hesitant, then I told Papa. They were asking a lot of questions but I was able to substantiate my grounds, enough for them to say YES. When Mama and Papa said that they are going to send me to school again to study law, a certain feeling of delight was there in my heart. Delight with fear, but fear was like a minute particle in the total situation. Hehehe

The battle begins this summer. I'll be taking several entrance examinations of where to study Law. And the battle will be intensified this June. I hope and pray that God will guide me all-throughout this wonderful journey. I know that my Mommylola and Daddylolo is with me. I am up for the challenge! God be with me! :)

No comments: